What is the best kind of sports nutrition: Bananas or Energy Bars?
Thu 3 June 2021 by Lianne Van den Bosch
What should you eat before mountain biking, cycling or running? For many athletes, good nutrition contributes to a good performance. It is important to plan your meals for before and during exercise well! How do you make sure to start well energized? You won’t make it with just a banana. What is the difference between a banana and an energy bar?
5 tips on what to eat before and during cycling or running
- Make sure you eat enough carbohydrates beforehand, so the energy stock in your body is as high as possible. But don’t eat too much either!
- Eat a light high-carb meal well before the start (2-3 hours) of your training. Try to follow a well-balanced diet and do not eat to much fat or fibers.
- Take a Maxim Energy Bar half an hour before the start, so you only have to supplement your energy stock while cycling or running.
- Try to vary what you eat during exercise. Bananas and sports bars are ideal energy sources.
- Make sure to eat something every hour during exercise. And above all, make sure to drink enough! Drink at least 500-750 mL of Maxim Sports Drink per hour. Water alone will not be enough, because, in addition to fluids and carbohydrates, you also need electrolytes such as magnesium, potassium and sodium!
Start your training well energized
The five tips above will help you to start your training fully energized. After that, all you have to do is supplement. For cyclists, mountain bikers and runners, supplementing enough energy during exercise is essential for better performance and endurance. A banana is fine, but you won’t make it on just a banana. What’s the difference between a banana and an energy bar?
The 5 big advantages of an Energy Bar
- A Maxim Energy Bar is easily digestible and has an ideal carbohydrate compostition
- A Maxim Energy Bar contains about 3 times as many carbohydrates and energy as a banana.
- A Maxim Energy Bar also contains protein and vitamins, which makes for a better absoprtion of the carbs in your muscles.
- A Maxim Energy Bar has an ideal carbohydrate ratio, which means you won’t eat too much sugar too fast and therefore it prevents a peak in insulin levels.
- One Maxim Energy Bar in combination with 500-750 mL Maxim Sports Drink provides enough energy to exercise for one hour.
Read more about the advantages of using sports nutrition for cyclists, mountain bikers and runners.
Maxim Energy Bar Caramel Chocolate 55g€2,32
Maxim Energy Bar Sweet & Salty€2,32
Maxim Energy Bar Cappuccino Caffeine 55g€2,32
Maxim Energy Bar Oats, Almonds & Salty Nuts 55g€2,32
Maxim Energy Bar Banana & Yoghurt 55g€2,32
Maxim Energy Bar Banana & Chocolate 55g€2,32
Maxim Energy Bar Test Pack (6 bars)
Maxim Energy Bar Banana & Chocolate 25x55g€58,00
Maxim Energy Bar Banana & Yoghurt 25x55g€58,00
Maxim Energy Bar Cappuccino Caffeine 25x55g€58,00
Maxim Energy Bar Caramel Chocolate 25x55g€58,00
Maxim Energy Bar Oats, Almonds & Salty Nuts 25x55g€58,00
Maxim Energy Bar Sweet & Salty 25x55g€58,00
banaan krentenbol voordelen energiereep voordelen energy bar